Our busy office in downtown Toronto is seeking a Systems Administrator.
Reporting to the Manager, IT, the successful candidate will administer the company’s various system portals, including cloud-based file management, training and Intranet vendors, Active Directory, and an O365 environment. Other day-to-day duties will include: installing new hardware, software and operating systems at the local office, local support of existing hardware, software, servers, printers, workstations and phones, performance monitoring and tuning, troubleshooting, and retirement or upgrade of older hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administration of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 Suite.
- Assisting with centralized systems deployment and IT asset management.
- Windows Server administration and upkeep.
- Basic troubleshooting of the local office network switches and firewall
- Performs problem-solving to identify and resolve computer system and Network problems.
- Performs Tier 2 and 3 helpdesk support
- Performs consulting services to other departments or users relating to the application of various technologies to meet business objectives
- Researches, develops and recommends policy guidelines and/or procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in information systems support or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of two years of related experience in server and system support, and one year in a client/server environment; MCSA certification or higher a plus.
- Very proficient in the installation, use, and support of Windows and cloud-based applications.
- Expertise in the support and maintenance of a Windows Server environment
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring and supporting a wide variety of client and server-based applications in a complex multi-user environment.
- Expertise with Active Directory, Exchange, and O365 Suite.
- Expertise in the deployment and support of enterprise backup and recovery strategies; virtual desktop infrastructure and administration and basic networking concepts including routing, subnets and firewalls.
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced, mission critical technology support environment;
- Excellent communication skills to convey resolution clearly and effectively to non- technical end-users; read and interpret technical documents common to this environment.
- Strong problem solving skills to separate problems into individual components, systematically eliminating possible causes until a resolution is reached. Efficient prioritization of tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with users, co-workers and vendors.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team of technology professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple technology-related tasks and/or projects.
- Experience of the practices and principles of project management is a plus