Life Enrichment Coordinator
Amica Somerset House
A day in the life of a Life Enrichement Coordinator
As the Life Enrichment Coordinator, you are responsible for all programming in the Community. You will take an innovative hands-on approach in facilitating dynamic opportunities and experiences for our community members. This position supervises the Life Enrichment Assistant(s), as well as supervising and coordinating the Volunteer Program.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- A degree/diploma in Gerontology, Kinesiology, Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Activation, Recreation, Sociology or Psychology or a related discipline (ie. Personal Training, Group Fitness Instructor etc).
- Education and/or experience in geriatric programming in a related setting.
- Knowledge of the effects of exercise on age related changes; able to develop and implement exercise programs.
- Knowledge of adaptations and modifications to programming to benefit individuals with cognitive, physical and sensory impairments.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Word, Publisher, Excel and the Internet.
- Current certificate in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including lifting, portering, and leading multiple fitness programs throughout the day.
- Valid driver’s license and/or special class license (or willingness and ability to obtain).
- Familiarity with community resources is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Experience and a passion for inspiring and motivating adults to lead a healthy, holistic lifestyle.
- Creative, enthusiastic approach to program development and special event design.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and follow through with emphasis on detail while maintaining positive public relations.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently execute responsibilities in a caring and supportive manner.
- Interest and desire to work with mature adults to promote healthy lifestyle choices and independence.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills, creativity and highly motivated.
- Willingness to participate in internal, continuing education and related training.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate others (staff, students, volunteers).
position vacant until filled