REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF WELLNESS
Amica Support Office
Amica Senior Lifestyle’s mission is to enrich the lives of seniors, their loved ones and each other – by going above and beyond in everything we do to provide exceptional personalized senior living experiences. The Regional Director of Wellness, RDW, supports this mission by providing sound leadership in wellness excellence – both in clinical and operational expertise. The RDW provides professional, sound consultation and clinical leadership to their region in the following areas: risk mitigation, regulatory and quality assurance, clinical services and wellness operations. S/he would be responsible for deploying and managing improvement projects, education, monitoring and improving wellness metrics, quality assurance and building effective relationships. Reporting to National Director, Life Enrichment and Wellness, the successful candidate will work closely with their Regional Director of Operations and Regional Director of Sales and Marketing to build best in class wellness departments within their region.
We are looking for a relationship focused, metric driven, results-oriented, dynamic professional with strong critical thinking, leadership and influencing skills. The Regional Director of Wellness will contribute to the enterprise risk management program, quality improvement initiatives and clinical operations to ensure teams are meeting relevant regulatory and organizational standards. As part of this process, s/he will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to identify and prioritize opportunities, innovate and design and execute on improvement or project plans.
The ideal candidate will thrive working in a fast-paced, collaborative, learning environment and working on multiple projects concurrently. This role supports the clinical and care operations of our residence teams and requires the ability to travel, primarily in ON. There may be occasional travel to BC and/or AB as needs arise.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of ON regulatory environment, which includes but not limited to RHA, College of Nursing of ON professional standards.
- Provide leadership to key areas of professional practices – including, but not limited to clinical systems and wellness processes to streamline operations.
- Coach/mentor/influence wellness teams to maintain or enhance excellence in care delivery (e.g. clinical best practices and complex care services)
- Participate in Enterprise Risk Management that includes incident management, education, monitoring trends and executing a risk mitigation plans
- Research and provide evidenced based recommendations that relate to clinical best practices and operations to develop standards, policies and recommendations
- Implement quality assurance reviews and implement action plans within portfolio
- Evaluate clinical practices in relation to provincial legislative frameworks and best practice standards.
- Evaluate documentation practices, education delivery to support the acuity of care provided within the community.
- Analyze operations and wellness metrics to understand areas of excellence and areas of targeted improvement
- Contribute to the development and implementation of quality improvement activities.
Clinical Services and Operations:
- Works collaboratively with Regional Director of Operations and Regional Director of Sales and Marketing to provide recommendations and execute on effective clinical operations.
- Partners in the delivery and participation on the recruitment and onboarding of community management team.
- Provides key recommendations and designs plans to improve and enhance clinical operations and service delivery within portfolio.
- Supports the evaluation of the financial effectiveness of the care program within portfolio and provides key recommendations to improve and streamline operations while maintaining best in class services.
- Participates in business operations reviews delivering on portfolio performance in relations to key performance, operations and clinical metrics
- Focuses on building effective relationships with the communities, regional leadership and support office
- Provides evidenced based recommendations to evolve clinical and wellness standards to continue to innovate and enhance program.
Perform other duties as assigned.
STATEMENT OF (MINIMUM) QUALIFICATIONS
- Current registration with provincial nursing regulatory body as Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nursing in good standing
- Certificate or experience in Gerontology preferred
- Additional degree in leadership or administration an asset
- 5 years management/operational clinical leadership experience
- Experience in retirement industry an asset
- Multi- site leadership an asset
- Previous experience with Yardi and/or EHR an asset
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Ability to disseminate information and provide evidence-based recommendations for clinical or operational service delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to interpret the current and evolving provincial regulatory and legislative framework that impacts clinical and service operations within ON.
- Ability to deliver value without compromising mission, vision and values
- Superior oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Comfort with technology and various software applications such as Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowePoint, Yardi, etc.)
- Collaborative in nature and excels at building highly effective relationships
- Good understanding of the interfaces of the health system between private and public care provisions within ON.
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams to achieve outcomes/goals.
- Proactively confronts and manages difficult issues. Makes informed and sound decisions.
- Ability to scale operations to meet demanding environment and/or growing organization.
- Demonstrated leadership, tact and diplomacy skills to exercise judgment and a high degree of discretion to determine the appropriate action based on thorough analysis.
- Knowledge and working understanding of day to day field community operations.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented to function with a high degree of independence, in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable engaging up and down all levels of organizational to foster strong and trusted relationships
- Ability to flex work schedule to work evenings, weekends and days as needs arise.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel frequently primarily within Ontario. Occasional travel to BC/AB as needs arise.
- Fits with and contributes to a learning, highly engaged culture that is healthy and positive, and where people are held accountable not only for their own success, but for their contribution to the success of the whole.
Amica thanks all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.