COMMUNITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Amica Arbutus Manor
Amica Mature Lifestyles offers retirement living options and care services to 3600 seniors in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. With an emphasis of being a great place to call home, our team’s mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting them in mind, body, and spirit. In over 40 communities (and growing) we provide first-class independent living, assisted living and memory care living options.
A day in the life of the Community Operations Manager:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Community Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and oversight of several key areas within their community, including office management, concierge, payroll and benefits, housekeeping, billing and accounting. Furthermore, the Community Operations Manager advises, directs and participates in the development and implementation of long and short term strategies, goals, objectives, policies and procedures within their community.
Other Job Duties:
- Administers payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable
- Administers hiring and recruitment process including new hire paperwork
- Administers HR functions, including personnel files, training compliance and department minutes
- Completes general administrative work requirements as assigned
- Manages the concierge department, including formulating and maintaining schedules, providing training, support and coverage
- Manages the Housekeeping department, including formulating and maintaining schedules, provides training, and supporting the Housekeeping supervisor.
- Performs regular audits of concierge/housekeeping team
- Participates in budget process as directed
- Supporting Marketing & sales where required
- Participates in corporate initiatives as requested
- Participates in weekend manager on duty rotation
- Other duties as required
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Diploma or certificate in bookkeeping or managerial accounting along with previous experience executing administrative tasks in hospitality setting or similar environment
- Post secondary education in hospitality, business management, or related filed
- Experience with accounting/payroll systems
- Previous experience managing payroll, benefits, accounts receivable, and accounts payable as well as managing staff
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Proven ability to manage and lead others
- Exceptional business writing skills and a high level of proficiency working with computers including Microsoft Excel
What we are looking for:
- Superior customer service skills with both residents and employees and seeks ways to maintain, improve and advance these standards
- Customer service driven with a passion for working with seniors
- Ability to manage the administrative office, including supplies and equipment, the concierge department, including scheduling, training, and performance management as well as coordinate the recruitment and hiring process
- Willingness to participate in corporate initiatives and weekend manager on duty rotation
- Strong knowledge base regarding current applicable legislation, including employment standards and the Retirement Homes Act
- Capable of basic troubleshooting of computer systems, including networking and office equipment
- Competent team-builder with coaching and conflict resolution skills
Position Vacant Until Filled
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Amica Mature Lifestyles is pleased to assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a disability. We would ask that you notify us in your application if accommodation is necessary during the recruitment process.