Amica at White Rock
Manages all aspects of maintenance within the facility to ensure that residents’ needs are met and the building quality, cleanliness and safety are upheld.
In accordance with applicable codes and regulations, the Maintenance Coordinator performs general routine maintance, minor repairs and servicing operations.
- Establishes, maintains, manages and evaluates the development, delivery and performance of the maintenance programs ensuring that applicable legislative guidelines, codes and expectations are followed by:
- performing a variety of routine maintenance, servicing and repairing operations to maintain facility, equipment furnishings, fixtures and grounds in proper condition;
- observing and monitoring all areas of the facility for ongoing maintenance requirements and carrying out preventative maintenance programs;
- performing mechanical maintenance of equipment and repairs to plumbing and electrical systems such as, repairing electrical switches, replacing tap washers, replacing belts, lubricating motors and hinges;
- following approval of the General Manager referring problems requiring specialized work, such as electrical or plumbing to outside contractors and monitors work performed;
- providing general assistance to skilled tradespersons such as, mechanics, electricians, carpenters, plumbers, painters, etc., as required;
- responding to all service requests promptly;
- developing and implementing policies and procedures related to maintenance and housekeeping in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements;
- conducting regular maintenance rounds to ensure all life safety, building and support systems are functioning properly;
- liaising with outside service contractors and inspectors to ensure equipment and environment conform to applicable codes and regulations; and
- performing outside work such as, gardening, cutting grass, removing snow and sanding or salting, as required.
- Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents by:
- actively interacting with residents, families and guests in a professional, courteous manner;
- ensuring a hands-on approach by meeting with residents to assess/discuss maintenance and/or housekeeping issues; and
- being available and flexible to resident and family needs, as required.
- Cooperates with other departments in such tasks as transferring residents, moving and storing supplies and moving furniture and equipment. Works in conjunction with sales team for complete suite readiness for all move in residents.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, safety, environment and infection control.
- Participates in budget preparation and control. Orders and/or purchases supplies and/or equipment in accordance with established policies and budgetary constraints.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics, etc. in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Ensures the privacy of residents during performance of duties.
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner and ensures proper care in use of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Keeps the General Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action, which may be taken.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position
- Ensures that the work environment is safe and healthy. Ensures that own work and the work of all staff is carried out in accordance with applicable environmental, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures and all other legislation, policies and procedures relevant to the work.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the duties outlined above as assigned.