ACCOUNTANT- FINCANCE OPERATIONS
Amica Mature Lifestyles: Toronto Office
Amica Mature Lifestyles offers retirement living options and care services to 3600 seniors in Ontario, Alberta and BC. With an emphasis of being a great place to call home, our team’s mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting mind, body, and spirit. In over 30 communities (and growing) we are providing first-class independent living, assisted living and memory care living options.
Located in Downtown Toronto, our support office is a fast-paced environment where we work hard to support our front-line team members so they can empower and support our residents. We doubled in size in 2015, and continue to grow. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, self-starters to join our team and grow with us. If you are a strong team player who takes initiative to go the extra mile and are looking to join an innovative company in a growing industry, we want to talk to you.
What is the Opportunity?
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accountant – Finance Operations will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the financial records, maintaining the day to day accounting functions, and providing critical feedback and analysis of operational performance against expectations. The incumbent will be responsible for executing on internal control policies, supporting community personnel and driving for continuous improvement and efficiency.
• Prepare reconciliations and ensure timely recording of journal entries
• Analyze transactions to ensure the existence, completeness, and accuracy of results of operations
• Support the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close process
• Execute Amica accounting policies and provide guidance to communities
• Drive the preparation of audit schedules and analyses and provide support for financial audits
• Drive the effort to optimize monthly close procedures across communities to improve community ability to better serve our residents.
• Execute internal control processes and procedures
• Serve as a subject matter expert for internal control matters to fully support community staff
• Drive internal controls and financial process improvement by supporting internal process audits
Analysis of community performance
• Support annual budget and forecasting initiatives
• Drive monthly analysis of results of operations against budget expectations
• Perform assessments of key community metrics to support decision making
• Drive insight into capital asset management and reporting and supporting the initiative to creative predictive reporting
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Business or Accounting and 3+ years relevant intermediate to senior level experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to work with and analyze large datasets
• CPA designation completed or in progress
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Highly developed ability to prioritize
• Excellent time management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, high level attention to detail and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
• Works well on a team and individually
Nice to Have
• Experience using Yardi
• Experience in similar industry
• Proven ability to succeed in a high-volume & fast-paced environment
• Willing to take on additional projects outside the scope of the role
What can you expect from us?
• A diverse environment where individual differences are celebrated and you’re encouraged to be your best self
• Collaborative environment where we work together to succeed as a team
• Learning and development opportunities to help you grow
• Comprehensive benefit package including RRSP matching
• Office is centrally located in the financial district, on the PATH and the TTC subway line, and provides easy access to downtown amenities