PROJECT MANAGER, DESIGN
Amica Mature Lifestyles: Toronto Office
Reporting to the Vice-President of Design, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring all new developments are planned and designed in accordance with the requirements and expectations of the Amica Design Guidelines; seeking Operations and Marketing input to ensure the Architectural Programme is aligned with the project proforma and market segment positioning. Working with the Amica design, construction and investment teams, the incumbent will be responsible for managing multiple projects.
• Work closely with the consultant team through the design process
• Liaise with internal subject matter experts throughout the design process to ensure operational integrity.
• Provide coordination and information to the construction development team as required, to facilitate the production of working drawings, as well as during the construction phase.
• Manage communications and coordination of information between Amica and the consultant team
• Work closely with the consultant team to ensure new projects meet the Amica Design Guidelines.
• Assist with the turnover process as required.
• Provide suggestions for updating the Amica Design Guidelines, ensuring all lessons learned from previous projects are documented.
• Provide accurate and timely project update reports to the Vice President, Design
• Draft and manage development timelines, provide analytical insights based on design database; updating project information through the use of internal reporting tools
• Complete other projects and duties, as assigned.
• Flexibility in work hours; car and travel required.
• Excellent people skills, able to be assertive, but also build team consensus.
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision and to handle multiple and changing priorities; able to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to review Municipal Ordinances, Architectural Schedules and Shop Drawings
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make good decisions; able to identify when appropriate guidance is required.
• Excellent organizational skills; accuracy and thoroughness combined with attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; should be capable of working with all levels of staff as well as consultants
• Extraordinary ability to follow up on issues.
• Degree in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design or Building Technology preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a planning, development, design or construction environment.
• Proficiency in MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point, Photoshop.
• Proficient in AutoCad
• Experience with budget and costing an asset.
• Proven ability to read construction documents, schedules and specifications
• Knowledge of building codes, construction standards and industry best practices.