SENIOR BUSINESS PERFORMANCE ANALYST
Amica Mature Lifestyles: Toronto Office
Amica Mature Lifestyles offers retirement living options and care services to 3600 seniors in Ontario, Alberta and BC. With an emphasis of being a great place to call home, our team’s mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting mind, body, and spirit. In over 30 communities (and growing) we are providing first-class independent living, assisted living and memory care living options.
Located in Downtown Toronto, our support office is a fast-paced environment where we work hard to support our front-line team members so they can empower and support our residents. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, self-starters to join our team and grow with us. If you are a strong team player who takes initiative to go the extra mile and are looking to join an innovative company in a growing industry, we want to talk to you.
What is the Opportunity?
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position is responsible for developing and enhancing analytical tools to drive operational performance. The incumbent will work with the operations and property accounting groups to drive the understanding behind monthly results and provide hindsight to business leaders. This person is a self-motivated, deadline driven professional, dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service while demonstrating a strong bias for action and keen attention to detail.
• Leads revision and development of annual budget template
• Supports analysis to lead budget workshops
• Provides timely analysis to drive budget and forecasting processes
Business Performance Analysis
• Drives completion of monthly business performance packages and supports preparation of value added analysis for Regional Directors of Operations (RDOs)
• Lead the creation and implementation of a monthly tool to analyze components of revenue, including occupancy, rate, and care revenue
• Maintain and improve finance created monthly NOI dashboard
• Drive the training of analysis basics with property accountants and support the creation of tools to facilitate the development of hindsight
• Drive the monthly partner reporting process, including the automation of tools used to create reporting, and reduction in time to deliver reporting
• Review partner agreements to ensure compliance with standards
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a focus on Accounting/Finance and 4+ years finance experience
• Canadian accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or pursuing
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to work with and analyze large datasets
• Demonstrated analytical and financial modelling skills, high level attention to detail and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
• Experience in similar industry
• Working knowledge of accounting principles
• Practiced leadership skills – demonstrated a strong bias for action
• Highly developed ability to prioritize
• Excellent time management
• Excellent interpersonal communication
• Planning, organizing and scheduling skills
Nice to Have
• Experience using Yardi
What can you expect from us?
• A diverse environment where individual differences are celebrated and you’re encouraged to be your best self
• Collaborative environment where we work together to succeed as a team
• Learning and development opportunities to help you grow
• Comprehensive benefit package including RRSP matching
• Office is centrally located in the financial district, on the PATH and the TTC subway line, and provides easy access to downtown amenities
Position Vacant Until Filled