ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Amica Mature Lifestyles Support Office: Controller’s Group
Amica Mature Lifestyles offers retirement living options and care services to 3,000 seniors in Ontario, Alberta and BC. With an emphasis of being a great place to call home, our team’s mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting mind, body, and spirit. In over 27 communities (and growing) we are providing first-class independent living, assisted living and memory care living options.
Located in Downtown Toronto, our support office is a fast-paced environment where we work hard to support our front-line team members so they can empower and support our residents. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, self-starters to join our team and grow with us. If you are a strong team player who takes initiative to go the extra mile and are looking to join an innovative company in a growing industry, we want to talk to you.
What is the Opportunity?
Reporting to the Lead Accounts Payable Specialist, this role is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of payables. The incumbent will be a self-motivated, deadline driven professional, dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service.
• Review coding of invoices received from properties to ensure propriety with budget expectations
• Ensure that approved invoices are posted daily
• Investigate invoices and payment discrepancies
• Maintain vendor master file data
• Maintain payable record files
• Maintain payable record files
• Follow up on uncashed cheques
• Drive the effort to convert vendors to be paid via EFT instead of cheques
• Process employee expense reports
• Monitor expense report submissions to encourage timeliness
• Monitor and enforce adherence to company spending controls and policies
• Prepare account reconciliation for AP and other applicable accounts
• Assist with external audit requests
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a focus on Accounting
• 2-3 years experience
• Working knowledge of accounting principles
• Strong bias for action
• Developed customer service approach
• Highly developed ability to prioritize
• Excellent time management
• Excellent interpersonal communication
• Planning, organizing and scheduling skills
• Strong analytical skills, high level attention to detail and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
• Proven ability to succeed in a high-volume & fast-paced environment
• Works well on a team and individually
Nice to Have
• Experience using PayScan
• Experience using Yardi
• Experience in similar industry
• Willing to take on additional projects outside the scope of the role
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to work with and analyze large datasets
What can you expect from us?
• A diverse environment where individual differences are celebrated and you’re encouraged to be your best self
• Collaborative environment where we work together to succeed as a team
• Learning and development opportunities to help you grow
• Comprehensive benefit package including RRSP matching
• Office is centrally located in the financial district, on the PATH and the TTC subway line, and provides easy access to downtown amenities