Amica at Westboro
Amica Mature Lifestyles offers retirement living options and care services to 3600 seniors in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. With an emphasis of being a great place to call home, our team’s mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting them in mind, body, and spirit. In over 40 communities (and growing) we provide first-class independent living, assisted living and memory care living options.
A day in the life of a General Manager:
As the General Manager you are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the community ensuring the provision of high quality care and service; management, supervision and clinical leadership; execution of business strategies, plans and programs; developing and monitoring community management and front line staff; annual operating and capital budgets and supporting marketing plans in the promotion of Amica Mature Lifestyles and the Community towards favorable occupancy.
Other duties include:
- Collaborating with department heads, forecasting budget requirements for corporate office approval.
- Leading the process with Corporate Sales & Marketing to develop an understanding of the needs of the customers and market served. Lead the marketing plan development, as well as ongoing reviews and revisions as necessary to respond to changing market conditions.
- Determining staffing requirements, ensuring the recruitment process and selection criteria meet the needs of the community.
- Conducting tours of the Community to families, potential residents, government officials, public-at-large, and others as required.
- Actively lead the development of future leaders in the team. Identify high potential performers and ensure development plans are in place and executed. Communicate high potentials to Regional Operations Manager to ensure visibility within the organization.
- Ensuring policies, programs, procedures and practices in each functional area are carried out consistently and accurately.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Certificate in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years senior management experience in the hospitality field or retirement community.
- Experience in a residential care setting, with education in gerontology would be an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends are required).
What we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and collaborate with various workgroups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop leaders, mentor their growth and ensure development is ongoing.
- Drive to coach, develop and hold accountable managers and front line employees.
- Ability to accurately assess the performance level of managers. Ability to provide constructive feedback and create developmental / performance improvement plans where necessary. Commitment to follow through with developmental activities.
- Proven ability to create succession plans, to provide direction or training to ensure employees are prepared for future roles/projects, and to mentor upcoming leaders in the Amica way.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen.
- Superior oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to create strategies aligned with organizational plans and execute to deliver on measurable objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to align priorities with organizational strategic direction as well as assisting direct reports to design action plans supporting these priorities.
- An independent, capable leader who excels in a team environment.
- Ability to unify team on common goals.
- Demonstrated passion and drive for improvement.
Position Vacant Until Filled