Project Manager, Facilities
Amica Mature Lifestyles Support Office: Toronto
The Project Manager, Facilities is responsible for assisting and support for identified retirement communities’ maintenance programs, capital management programs, fire and life safety programs, on-boarding and training of new Maintenance Coordinators, and environmental management.
Based in Toronto, oversight will be for those communities in Ontario, however some scope of responsibilities may be at a national level.
The PM Facilities is responsible for the following key areas:
1. Provide day to day technical support for all community maintenance issues.
2. Ensure all communities are following and tracking day to day service and planned preventative maintenance according to the established Maintenance Manual.
3. Complete building deficiency reviews, warranty/deficiency tracking and coordination of building systems training and videotaping of new development projects.
4. On-boarding and training of new Maintenance Coordinators and Environmental Services Coordinator.
5. Provide emergency support in the event of a building crisis that may require coordination of trades and /or technical services.
6. Manage identified capital projects/programs by performing project management activities related to the upgrading/repairs to building and systems at the communities.
7. Conduct community audits (Quality Assurance Assessments (QAA)) to ensure compliance to safety, maintenance and TELS identified measures.
8. Support the department, and coverage of other team members within the department in their absence.
9. Management/Oversight of contractor services as identified in Preventative Maintenance Contracts.
• Excellent people skills, able to be assertive, but also build team consensus.
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision and to handle multiple and changing priorities; able to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make good decisions; able to identify when appropriate guidance is required.
• Excellent organizational skills; accuracy and thoroughness combined with attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; should be capable of working with all levels of staff as well as consultants, construction trades, etc.
• Attention to detail and extraordinary ability to follow up on details.
• Minimum Grade 12 education required
• Experience in Senior Living Facilities will be considered an asset
• Fluency in oral and written English
• Minimum 10-year experience in the maintenance field and trade qualified in one of the following areas: electrical or mechanical, and possess a strong working knowledge of the other
• Strong working knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems
• Strong working knowledge of all operational features of Fire and Life Safety Systems
• Knowledge of building codes and safety standards is essential.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel; Word and Outlook
Capable of meeting the physical and mental requirements of the position, including ability to carry out significant amount of bending, stooping and stretching, and lifting and carrying of equipment and supplies.
SPECIFIC LOCATION RESPONSIBILITIES
Must be able to travel across country to other offices and communities for meetings and events. Required to work on-site during all seasons.