RESIDENT CARE ATTENDANT
Amica at Douglas House
(Part Time: 24 hours or less per week)
Amica Mature Lifestyles offers retirement living options and care services to 3600 seniors in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. With an emphasis of being a great place to call home, our team’s mission is to empower seniors to flourish by supporting them in mind, body, and spirit. In over 40 communities (and growing) we provide first-class independent living, assisted living and memory care living options.
A day in the life of a Resident Care Attendant:
As the Resident Care Attendant you are responsible for assisting residents with activities of daily living, including personal, physical, psychological, social, spiritual, and recreational needs.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Must be a graduate from a recognized Resident Care Aide program.
- Level 1 First Aid, CPR / AED Certificate.
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services required.
What we are looking for:
- Good oral and verbal communication skills – English is essential.
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect and privacy, and the right to share in decisions about his/her care.
- Is capable of working in a team environment.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
- Positive public relation skills, including the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with residents and families.
- Demonstrates ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected workload and situations.
- Demonstrates ability to operate related equipment.
Position Vacant Until Filled